(Please note: I am currently on a break from my teaching and private practice. Feel free to email me, or sign up to my newsletter so I can let you know when I begin practicing again.)
I offer Body-Mind Centering® Embodied Anatomy & Yoga private sessions and workshops. This includes embodied practices that guide you into your body. Touch and bodywork may also be included in a session.
Body-Mind Centering® is an integrated and embodied approach to movement, the body and consciousness. Developed by Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen, Body-Mind Centering® is an experiential study based on the embodiment and application of anatomical, physiological, psychophysical and developmental principles, utilizing movement, touch, voice and mind. (This paragraph taken entirely from the Body-Mind Centering® website which you can find at www.bodymindcentering.com.)
Body-Mind Centering® Embodied Anatomy & Yoga offers an experiential approach to your yoga practice. Not just another style of yoga, Embodied Anatomy & Yoga can be applied to any yoga, movement and meditation practice. BMC Embodied Anatomy & Yoga is about the study of “self” from one’s own lived experience.
In a Body-Mind Centering class or session we:
- Look at pictures of anatomy as well as props to help you understand your body.
- Practice “somatic meditations” (also called “embodied meditations”) to develop body awareness and inner sensing.
- From a partner, receive and give gentle touch to help deeply sense the subtleties of your body’s systems.
- Guide you into a Yoga practice where you are aware of breath and movement from your body’s systems such as the skeletal, fluids, organs and nervous systems.
- Provide a Yoga practice that is not externally focused (such as alignment-oriented), but rather internally directed through your awareness and experience of your body in movement. BMC Yoga focuses on sensing, feeling and functionality rather than on form.
- Offer ample time for free movement, exploration and sharing.
Why practice BMC & Yoga? What are the potential benefits?
- Increased health and wellness
- Increased movement possibilities
- Increased body awareness
- Expanded creative expression
- Less restrictions in your body and ability for movement choices
I am a Certified Body-Mind Centering® Embodied Anatomy & Yoga teacher. If you’d like to see me for a session, please email me.
“Body-Mind Centering® and “BMC” are service marks of Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen, used with permission.
Photo by Rosie Dienhart at the 2014 BMCA Conference at Skidmore University in Saratoga Springs, NY, USA,; http://www.bmcassociation.org